Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Shocking Truth

In 2006  I created a product that kept my pond clean clear and healthy for fish.  I had never intended to sell this to others, but after years of trying everything on the market and listening to numerous fish experts I spoke with my family about making it available to others.  My son thought it was a great idea as he had been using it for his fish pond and also had wonderful results.  I then talked with my daughter who had tried it in her aquariums and she was also sold on the idea.

I decided to go for it.  Not such an easy task by any means.  I had to have the product tested for safety to people and the environment and then I applied for a patent.  After all the red tape was out of the way we began selling our product “J & A Green-Out”.

This turned out to be the right decision.  We have not only sold our product online to many satisfied people across the country but have also been able to help people with the design and installation of the correct plumbing, filtration and also injections systems for their ponds.

Before I started this blog, I bought numerous books on Koi ponds.  Reading them made my eyes water.  I couldn't believe that an entire industry could have it so wrong.  Everything in the books was contradictory to what really works.  I wondered about this for a long time.

Then one day while I was trying to get our product into a pond store, it was explained to me.  The store owner said that “It’s much better to have 100 products that don’t work very well than one product that does.  If I only carried one water clarifier, one type of pump and one type of filter, I couldn’t stay in business.  Therefore I am unable to stock your product which actually works.”  I was upset about this, but he was right, that is what business is all about, “selling a product” regardless of whether it works or not.  So at this point my product will not be carried in that store.

I still find it hard to believe that there is so much wrong information in regards to ponds and aquariums on the market.  It really frustrates me that there are so many people out there spending their money on products that do nothing to keep their ponds and aquariums clean and in a lot of instances are actually harmful to fish and the environment.
 
It is my intention with this blog to sort out the truth about Koi ponds and aquariums.  I will keep you posted.




3 comments:

  1. I was reading your blog about fish ponds and your product. I am very impressed with your values. It caught me off guard. I wish more stores had your values. It's great to hear that you have a product that works and that you really care about your customers. There aren't many companies that wish the customer was satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wе're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with valuable info to work on. You'vе done a formidable job and our
    entiгe community will bе gratеful to you.


    my pagе: wedding photographer prices

    ReplyDelete
  3. After І initіally commented Ι seem tο have
    cliсked οn the -Nοtify me when nеw cοmmentѕ аre added- checkbox and from nοw on whenever a comment is adԁed I receiνe 4 еmailѕ with the same comment.

    There has tο be an easy method you cаn гemove me from that serνicе?

    Kudos!

    my blοg :: top wedding photographers

    ReplyDelete